How to write one up? What the bleep the contract should say? If you need one for every project? Do you need to be a registered business first? Is all of this overkill? What are you suppose to say about payment? And deposits? And late fees? And intellectual property? Is it going to be super awkward sending one? And, most importantly, will they know that you actually have no idea what "indemnification" means? 😃
“Bought the kit. Tailored the Master Client Service Agreement to my biz and uploaded it into my proposal software. Sent it off to a prospect along with a $10,000 quote for a copy project. Deal closed. Money paid. We're batting 1,000 so far, Ash!”Josh Garofalo
“I'm LOVING the Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit! I've had my business for two years, and I wish this was in my back pocket from day one. I'm currently in the process of sending new contracts to my sub-contractors and will also be modifying client contracts for the new year. The knowledge alone was worth every penny. I can't thank you enough.”April Gutierrez
“I'm loving the Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit! I submitted the Master Client Services Agreement to two separate clients and they were both "very impressed with the level of professionalism." Thanks for making this available!”Shea Keats
“I’m loving the contracts; I’ve already used the Independent Contractor Agreement to hire a freelance graphic designer (cue happy dance). This kit is phenomenal. Thank you for creating it; it’s already added so much value to my business. ”Taylor Campbell
“I FREAKING LOVE THE UNF*CKWITHABLE CONTRACTS KIT! I am going to utilize the holidays to change all my clients over from the crappy letter of engagement that my amateur-ass drafted over to these contracts. SUPER excited!!”Cade Booth
“I'm reading through the Master Service Client Agreement and accompanying Statement of Work and fuck, I love it. I feel so relieved to have it; thank you!”Karen McRae
“Thank you so much for knowing exactly what a budding business needs. Love your style, love the kit, love your words, love all of it!”Mindi Ridgeway
“I used two of the contracts right away. SUCH a time saver!”Hannah Lewis
“The Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit is amazing! I've used three of the contracts so far and they're working wonderfully. Love you and all your stuff!”Mashon Thomas
“The Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit is fucking great. I've used the Master Client Service Agreement with three clients already, including additional Statements of Work for follow-on work. Beautiful! Glorious! So much better than having to do a new contract every time!”Cara Stein
And when a client thinks you're green, they're much more reluctant to hire you, they worry (a lot) about the outcome, they don't trust your expertise, and they're less willing to pay you good money for the same work—which lands with you in being talked down and viewed with a critical eye, rather than clients lining up at your doorstep, hoping for a chance to work with you. Because here's the truth: everything you do, or don't do, is sending a signal. And sending a contract sends the right signal. In fact, not sending one is a littttttle like showing up to a party with a dick on your face: everybody notices.
“Having the Master Client Service Agreement in my hands gave me the confidence to double my rate today when I sent an invitation to a potential new client. I almost threw up hitting the send button, but she already accepted my offer and is going to start working with me right away!”Katey Shanahan
“I just want to again thank you for your *ROCKSTAR* Unf*ckwithable Contracts. OMG!!! It is SO amazing. I really can't thank you enough for offering this at such a generous price to help me get my business start-up legal confusion under wraps. Thank you SO MUCH!!!!!”Jill Sadler
“I am blown away by all the information in the Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit. I'm still working my way through it all, but it is freakin' awesome! I made a great investment—thank you!”Donna Brewster
“I love the Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit! I am going through the online business guide that came with the contracts and it’s been so helpful. I’m putting everything in my arsenal to be unfuckwithable! Thank you so much for your insights!”Angela Allan
“These contracts are great! Just what I needed. I'd been putting off finding a contract and was going to google and piece something together ... but you gave me something I am confident and comfortable with. Thanks!”Rebecca Morgan
“I love the Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit! It feels good to know that I'm doing things right.”Marilyn Remak
“I just got through Unf*ckwithable Contracts, and I have to say thank you! As you promised, the insights of your experience are incredibly valuable. Thanks for taking the time to care about and help people like me who are in an earlier part of their business journey. ”Jabari Holloway
“"I love Unf*ckwithable Contracts—it just makes me feel good knowing it's there when I need it. Within days I already put the two of the agreements into use!"”Annie Kip
“I opened the Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit and like magic, my life improved instantly. Clean. Straightforward. Life-changing.”Lex DeVille
- A $900,000 Love Note From Ash
- Introduction to Naming + Trademarks
- Whoo, I Have a Name! Now What?
- How to (Legally!) Determine if the Name You Love is Free and Clear
- Halp, I DON'T Have a Name Yet! What Do I Need to Consider?
- How to Come Up With a Creative, Memorable Name That Isn't Taken—Even IF You're Not Creative At All :)
- The Unf*ckwithable Ten: Ash's Top Secret Namestorming Technique
- A Very Exciting Introduction to Figuring Out Whether You Need to Make Your Business, Like, Legit? (Or Is Using Your Own PayPal Account OK?)
- Should I Register as a Sole Proprietor? (And Not Just Because I Sound Like an 18th Century British Merchant.)
- Should I Register as an LLC? (Because, Acronyms.)
- Should I Register as an S-Corp? (Sounds Sexual.)
- The Final Test: Which Business Formation Is Right for Me? (So I Don't Become Homeless and Lose All My Money.)
- Understanding TAXES. What Can I Write Off? And What IS a Write-Off, for Pete's Sake?
- A Very Useful Chart to Help You Remember ALL The Things
- Crash Course in Modern Contracts + The Internet (Yes, You Still Need a Contract!)
- The Master Client Service Agreement—For Every Client You Shall Ever Accept Money From, So Help You Vodka
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through The Master Client Service Agreement, And What It All Means
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through The Client Statement of Work, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Master Client Services Agreement
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Client Statement of Work
- The Independent Contractor Agreement—For Hiring Virtual Assistants, Web Designers, Copywriters, And Anyone Who You Contract to Help You.
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through the Independent Contractor Agreement, And What It All Means
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through the Independent Contractor Statement of Work, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Master Independent Contractor Agreement
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Independent Contractor Statement of Work
- The Joint Venture Agreement—For Partnering Up On Podcasts, eBooks, Courses, Retreats and More.
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through the Joint Venture Agreement, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Joint Venture Agreement
- The Participant Agreement—For Hosting Events, Retreats, Workshops, Conferences and Anything Off Site.
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through the Participant Agreement, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: The Participant Agreement
- The Settlement Agreement—For Anytime a Client is Disgruntled, Wants a Refund, Or Is Unhappy With Your Services. Ditto Others Who Are Unhappy With You.
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through The Settlement Agreement, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD DOC: The Settlement Agreement
- How to Protect Yourself When You Sell Things Online and Clearly Aren't Sending Every Customer a Contract Before They Buy.
- Selling Digital Products, Courses, eBooks and Workshops, OH MY!
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through Terms & Conditions, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Terms & Conditions
- I'm Asking for People's Email Addresses on My Website And Need to Be Compliant With the Law!
- I'm Starting an Affiliate Program!
- VIDEO: Ash Walks You Through the Affiliate Agreement, And What It All Means
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: Affiliate Agreement
- Halp, Some Jackhat Stole My Content!
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: DMCA Notice
- DOWNLOADABLE WORD TEMPLATE: DMCA Takedown
- Additional Advice for Being as Bulletproof Online as Possible
- A Final Word + ALL DOWNLOADS
- Bonus #1: Email Script for Sending a Contract to Your Clients in a Cool, Casual Way—Without Feeling Like You're Going Overboard or Being Totally Awkward
- Bonus #2: Late Payment Notice to Client
- Bonus #3: Termination Letter to Contractor
A Collection of Eight (8) Lawyer-Drafted, Clean, Downloadable Word Templates
The intellectual property attorneys that drafted these agreements charge $425/hour—except for the New York lawyer that charged $800/hour. Not a typo.
Quick Reference Cheat Sheets
You no longer have to send an agreement and hope to vodka no one asks you to clarify—I've included a line-by-line breakdown that you can download and reference anytime you need to explain what the word "indemnification" means. (Bonus round: you'll also know what YOU are signing!)
Video Walk-Throughs With Ash
Freelancers are intimidated by contracts, and rightfully so: who understands all of that legalese? The good news is, ALL of it is there to protect you, and I'll personally walk you through each agreement and not only give you the low-down on what everything means...but best practices for doing business like a boss. (Because, yes, you do need a deposit, and yes, you absolutely should have a clause that states that the work isn't theirs until final payment is made. #EXPERIENCE)
“I've used the Affiliate Agreement, SOW and Independent Contractor Agreement; soooo useful. It feels good to finally have my team all good and legal. Wish I'd had this kit a year ago before I paid lawyers 3K to write up all the rest of the contracts we use!”Andrea Featherstone
“Can I just say thank you so f*cking much for this kit!!! Holy smokes! I am just getting ready to update a contract with a long-term client and this kit is immediately helping me out! I previously paid a lawyer lots of money to set up a new contract for me—it was WAY less helpful than this AND THEN he went out of business and poof, no finalized contract. Just had to say ... thanks!!!”Annie von Essen
“The Unf*ckwithable Contracts kit? Completely devoured it within a day—I wish all the law subjects I did were THAT fun to read. And I know I'll be referring to it again and again as I set up my online business.”Aqila Shah
“My website just went live, and for the first time, I have some REAL legal language thanks to you! And I needed it because I have a free advice column now and especially had to add the disclaimer info. Thank you Ash and the gang!!!!”Vanessa Sandall
“I love the Master Client Service Agreement and Statement of Work. Your explanations made all that legalese a total breeze. Thanks!”Rose Womelsdorf
“Now that I understand the relationship between the Statement of Work and Master Client Service Agreement, I've been able to streamline and automate a little already. It's so nice.”Bill Laurienti
Do I need this? Is this right for me?
There's only one way to find out! Take our quiz and answer a few questions that will help you determine if this kit is right for you.
Does this apply to countries outside of the U.S.?
Every country is different; this kit was based on U.S. law and best practices. Conceptually, this is still a great way to learn about the things you need to look out for when doing business online with clients and customers, but your situation should be reviewed by a qualified professional in your country. Many of our customers take our templates and use them as starting points to tweak, which we recommend.
Are these attorney-drafted contracts?
Yes—in fact, these were created by my intellectual property attorneys specifically for my own online business, and I wanted to share them with you as an educational resource to help you understand the things you don't know you don't know yet. That said, I am not a lawyer (or a violinist, just to be clear), and this is not a substitute for hiring a lawyer or a certified professional in your state or country, so make sure you consult with those good folks. What’s included, here, are expressions of opinion, so let it be known through all the land that I can’t guarantee any outcomes, promise you any ponies, or make anyone come back from the dead. (Yet.)
What's your refund policy?
We're proud to offer a 7-day 100% money-back guarantee on all of our products. Just write in to email@example.com within seven days if you have any issues and we'll take the BEST care of you (and maybe even braid your hair).